Thousands of us have developed a survey of 20 factors a city needs for its netizens to be confident of being a best for the world knowledge collaboration city- email wcbn007@easynet.co.uk if you want to assess your city. So far even top ranking cities only get half marks- one reason why all our city cultures need each other if collaboration turns out to be what networking permits humanity to JUST DO with IT -let peoples bridge digital divides and bring down degrees of separation around contexts that are life critical and investments that are sustainable
Review of the Year (Short)

Last year I was in Delhi, presenting my paper on The Coming War of Goodwill & Badwill Networks at the annual worldwide meeting space of Global Reconciliation Network. I learnt a lot from a guy who siad the main war in the West may be over elarning slaevry. Look what research area governement funds go into , and more interestingly what can never get funded. Look what modes of etaching go on in our schools, and more interesting what questioning modes of learning inquiry are not permiited becasue people have to cram and exam facts, even if these do not connect wholly real experuiences of anyone's future. To end my Westren hemisphere year, I am starting a volley of mails on what Knowledge Management should never be if you want to celebrate the 30th birthday of my father's Entrepreneurial Revolution in The Economist or the 22 year learning curve of our future histories of people being networked. Or turn from ideas to 30000 project action micronetworks and the global villages they aim to transparently connect.

Meanwhile an exercise I have been developing this year which I wish I had had ready when I was speaking in Delhi last year. Tell me at wcbn007@easynet.co.uk up to 5 people you chhose for being better for humanity than we people have any right to expect given the sector areas they come from. OK, this is an exercise that may reveal our mutual ignorances from which we first elarn but (and remember you probably know India deeper than I do) then 5 five for the future of India currently are:

1 Prime Minister Singh- Nomination Singh went to Cambridge about 3 years after my father; learnt from the same good & bad economics yteachers; made his special lifelong learning curve why it is neither good for the world nor economic for nations to compound underclases. Given the system, I wouldnt swap Singh for any other Prime Minster if I had a vote. I also believe that his timing when previusly finance minister in opening up India's economy was brilliant for the netwoerking age where collaboration with goodwill partners is the new (value multiplying) competition, and I imagine the only pathway to economics of abundance, as opposed to economics of scarcity

2 Sonia Gandhi - who keeps on amazing me with acts of transparency, and giving bureucrats hard time who are not transparent

3,4 The senior civil servamnt incharge of repartaion of Bhopal and the Minister of Braidcasting & Info Technology who were respectively chied host of the GRN event where I made my small contribution.

5 Ashis Nandi who keeps all societies questioning what peace and exponentials of economics & sustainability are our governments really strategizing for our children's future


My 2 nominations of open learning saints of India are Gandi & Theresa, as previously mentioned Indioa seems to be the only country with a top 5 open learning saint from both sexes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home